Workshop 3: Re-framing the 'F' word
LENGTH: 3-4 hours
CAPACITY: Up to 14
NOTE: The workshop is designed for existing teams; or groups of smaller, linked teams
This training workshop participants will teach participants:
- To acknowledge that the nurturing and encouragement of diverse ideas and voices from across their teams will pay great dividends.
- To understand that it’s more productive and useful to come up with 10 bad ideas in the search for a good one, than to propose only one idea that may or may not be good.
- How to admit being wrong admirably and elegantly.
- How to (if necessary) deviate from your ‘script’ without fear.
- How to see ‘failure’ as a positive thing – as a stepping stone to the right answer.
- To surrender the need to always be right.
Success requires Failure. This training workshop is focused on our attitude towards failure. It is all too easy to lose sight of the fact that brilliant ideas, discoveries and suggestions don’t just simply arrive - the world doesn’t work like that. We have to go on a journey to reach those discoveries, and along the way we hit cul de sacs, we make mistakes and we trial ideas that go nowhere. In short, we fail to be ‘perfect’.
At Business Improvers we believe it’s important to embrace the notion that failure is a necessary part of success. Therefore, this training workshop is designed to develop resilience and to help participants accept that they don’t always have to be right. Ideas can be strong, but wrong.